- NVQ Level 2 Diploma
- Full Time / Part Time
- 2 years
The NVQ level 2 diploma in hairdressing is a job-ready qualification for anyone wanting to excel in hairdressing.
A minimum of 54 credits is required to achieve the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing. All compulsory units must be achieved, equating to 48 credits, plus a minimum of 6 credits from the optional units.
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
A minimum of 6 credits from the following optional units:
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Plait and twist hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Attach hair to enhance style
The NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing is evaluated through practical assessments, the completion of assignments and multiple choice online tests.
This course is completed after 2 years of study.
Alongside the NVQ hairdressing course, there are timetabled sessions designed to enhance skills in English, maths and employability. Students will receive separate certificates on successful completion of the programme.
Opportunities for progression
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing is suitable for students who have taken level 1 or level 2 qualifications. This qualification is also suitable for those who have been working in the industry and are looking to accredit their skills and knowledge. These qualifications provide progression opportunities for those wishing to:
- Continue onto a level 3 hairdressing course
- Move into more technical role
- Move into a supervisory area
To find out more about our level 2 NVQ hairdressing course contact us. Alternatively, if you’re ready to apply click the ‘How to Apply’ button.