- BTEC Diploma
- Part Time
- 2 years
The BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering is designed for apprentices on a level three apprenticeship. The students will attend a day release programme at the Swale Skills Centre for two years.
Students will study a BTEC engineering course that comprises of several units from the list below, with the aim of matching what they are learning within their apprenticeship. The diploma will focus on areas in which the company specialises in and/or what has been specifically asked for by the company.
There are compulsory units within the course that enable the students to gain the desired mathematical and scientific skills required for engineering, as well as an understanding of project management and communication.
The compulsory modules for the Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Engineering are:
- Unit 1: Engineering Principles
- Unit 2: Delivery of Engineering Processes safely as a team
- Unit 3: Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
- Unit 4: Applied commercial and quality principles in Engineering
- Unit 5: A specialist engineering project
The rest of the course is comprised of five of the modules below:
- Unit 10: Computer Aided Design in Engineering
- Unit 11: Engineering Maintenance Procedures and condition monitoring Techniques
- Unit 12: Application of Mechanical Systems
- Unit 13: Welding Technology
- Unit 16: Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Unit 21: Secondary Finishing Techniques
- Unit 22: Fabrication and Process Technology
- Unit 30: Mechanical Measurement and Inspection Techniques
- Unit 40: Computer Aided Manufacturing and planning
- Unit 41: Manufacturing Secondary Machining Processes
- Unit 42: Manufacturing Primary forming processes
- Unit 43: Manufacturing CNC machining processes
- Unit 44: Fabrication manufacturing processes
- Unit 46: Manufacturing joining, finishing and assembly processes
Part of our service to employers who wish for their apprentices to attend the Swale Skills Centre, is to arrange the optional units with them and ensure that we are delivering what is most relevant to their apprentices.
As part of your BTEC in Engineering, there are written assignments for each unit within the course. These are teacher assessed and a sample can be externally verified.
To find out more about the Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Engineering, contact us today. Alternatively, if you’d like to apply for this course, click the ‘How to Apply’ button.